HANOI ONE DAY TO BE A LOCAL - NEW EXPERIENCE
Tour type: Cuisines, Local life, Sightseeings
Duration: 7-8 hours
Categories: Cuisines tour
In Vietnam, the best way to “touch” an authentic Vietnam is to be a real local. Thus, how can we do that with only one-day local sightseeing?
bThat is not an easy answer but Yin & Yang can make it become true with the product of One Day to be a real local in Hanoi. By “tasting” this product, we will start with a short 40-minute drive to the outskirt of Hanoi before arriving our local house where our group will witness the vast fields of the evergreen vegetables, learn the local custom of welcoming the guests, taste a cup of green tea while eating the traditional peanut candy, cooking demonstration, iking around the village, etc…
Don’t wait to book One day be a local tour in Hanoi which will bring you to the land of happiness and smiles.
Savor specialty street food of Hanoi cuisinesSavour
For lunch, you can choose to eat street food or enjoy Home hosted Meal experience in the local family house.
Half day city tour with Rickshaw and Ethnology useumm
You are advised to skip breakfast at hotel
Take your chance to get used to some farm works with the local
OPTION 1: EXPLORE LOCAL LIFE AND LOCAL CUISINES
In the morning (depart at 09:00)
- Enjoy “Banh Mi” or “Pho” for your breakfast
- Enjoy egg coffee or Vietnamese green tea to walk up
- Then walking around Hanoi Old Quarter, visit the ancient house at 87 May May street and ancient temple inside Old Quarter area
- Learn some basic Vietnamese words and practise by bargaining and buying fresh fruits from the local vendors
Option 1: Enjoy famous street food: “Bun Cha” (cold noodle soup with grilled ball of pork meat) with Spring roll and “Banh Xeo” - fried crispy cake with various stuff inside
Option 2: Drive to the local family, experience home hosted lunch with them
In the afternoon, after short break, drive to visit:
- Visiting Ethnology museum to explore in deep about the local culture and daily life in Vietnam
- Enjoy Rickshaw tour then if you prefer you can practice to paddle cyclo. Then return to the hotel for relaxing. Tour ends.
OPTION 2: EXPERIENCE FARMING WORKS WITH THE LOCAL
At 08:00 Leaving your hotel for one peaceful village in the outskirt of Hanoi and further 10 miles = 35 minutes from Hanoi city center.
On arrival at 09:00 at the local house, the host will guide you to the local market which built up since Le King Dynasty 1428 and well-known in the region. Until nowadays, this fair market is still crowded with the local villagers from all the surrounding area. The local gather at the same place to sell and buy their hand-made products such as: dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, ducks, and bamboo baskets. The truth is that you will be amazed about the hustling and colorful market. Furthermore, sightseeings around, you can witness the old are chewing betel and areca nut which turns their lips into red. Or some man is trying to buy something from the woman sellers and flirting them at the same time.
Later on, gently walking to the nice vegetable farms, hanging around and visiting the gardens of vegetables and tropical fresh fruits: bitter melon, cauliflower, cabbage, tomatoes, green peas, as well as oranges, pomelos, papaya and more., . In addition, we may have chance to join a farmer working on their fields and talk more about the traditional cultivation techniques and lifestyle.
After that, return to the host family to cook delicious and traditional dishes, enjoy local fresh vegetables, fruits and make traditional cake. When food are ready, we will enjoy what we cooked for our lunch and talk about Vietnamese family's custom together. The tea and other local drinks is complimentary.
· All private transfer and transportation as indicated on program
· Experienced English speaking guide, except the free days as mention in the program
· Meals as stated in the itinerary (B: Breakfast ; L: Lunch ; D: Diner)
· All sightseeing tickets and permits.
· Water on car.
· Services charges and government tax.
· No extra charge after confirmation
· 24/7 hotline support guaranteed
· Bottled mineral water on bus
· All Flights in tour
· Other meals and drinks
· Travel insurance
· Personal expenses, tips and gratuities
· Vietnam visa stamp fee
· Others not mentioned above